The Susan A. Alexander Music Education Scholarship
This scholarship was created to honor the inaugural band director of Ashley Ridge High School. “Ms. A” as she was knows by by her students, started the band program in the fall of 2008. Back then, the AR Band started with only about 50 students. Ms. A taught with a passion, energy and excitement that has rarely been duplicated in South Carolina and she has been a mentor teacher to numerous director’s all over the South. She created an identity for the program and without her leadership and guidance, the program would not be where it is today. This scholarship is to honor her and award a graduating senior with the same passion and excitement for music.
This scholarship will be awarded to a graduating band senior that has plans on majoring in music education. Scholarship applicants must submit the following items and meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a band course at ARHS during their senior year
- Have been accepted into a school music and program of study
- Write a two-page essay on, “Why I want to Teach Music and the Difference I Will Make”.
- Turn in a transcript of all high school courses.
- Turn in a completed application. Applications may be requested from the Booster Club President.
Download this form and apply today! Applications are due by April 30th.
Previous Award Recipients
2011 - Ricky Rickborn
2014 - Tyler Montgomery
2017 - Ryan Cron