The Marching Band will provide a means for uniting members of the Ashley Ridge High School band Program from the 9th through 12th Grades. The marching band’s focus is to provide entertainment, school spirit and ‘state of the art’ and contemporary program while teaching students concepts in leadership, responsibility and music education.
Membership is open to all Ashley Ridge High School Band Students in grades 9-12. Home school students residing in the ARHS attendance zone may be eligible as well with school and district approval.
Rehearsals for the marching band will take place at a variety of times and places, but are not limited to the following:
- School Band Class: Students will rehearse various musical and visual techniques during their band class that meets during the school day.
- Saturday Rehearsal: The marching band will learn the show material during rehearsals to be held on various Saturdays throughout the band season.
- A Detailed calendar with all rehearsal dates and times will be provided to each student in the marching band as well as posted on the internet at arhsbands.org
The Marching Band will perform in a variety of situations.
- Pre-game Show: The band will perform a traditional style Pre-game show at all home varsity football games (in a style similar to most major universities)
- Varsity Pep Band: The band will play in the stands at all varsity home football games.
- Competitions: The band will perform at state and national level competitions.
- Parades: The band will march in a variety of community appearances and parades including but not limited to: Homecoming Parade, Christmas Parade, and Swamp Fest Parade, Veteran’s Day Parade, Book Character Parade.
Due to the enormous size of the band, we do NOT take the band to every away game of the football season. Taking four buses would become too costly very fast. The band will be divided into several equal-sized “pep bands” of about 45 students. Each pep band will be assigned to attend a specific away game(s). This is very normal procedure for band programs all over the state and country. The full band will still travel to fun rivalry games such as Cane Bay, Fort Dorchester and Summerville if they are away.
Band Fees help cover the cost of non-district band staffing, entry fees, clinician fees, show design fees, instrument needs, t-shirt, trailer travel needs, equipment needs as well as miscellaneous booster club items that help our band operate during the year. Students with multiple children in the band program will receive a discount for each additional child within the program.