Hello Ashley Ridge Band Families!
I hope you have had a wonderful week! I wanted to reach out again with some reminders about the next few weeks as well as some updates regarding band camp and the beginning of the school year.
1. All members must have a current sports physical on file in order to rehearse.Our top priority is student safety and this policy is taken very seriously. Doctors Care is currently offering $10 sports physicals through the end of this month. https://doctorscare.com/sports-camp-physicals/?utm_source=sem&utm_medium=sports%20physicals&utm_campaign=summerville&upu_uid=cf302b9da4b0 ***Color Guard members will need a physical on file by the beginning of rehearsal on Monday, July 23rd in order to be permitted to rehearse***
2. Band Camp Meals Due to the divided schedule the first two weeks of camp students will need to bring their own bagged lunch the week of July 23rd and July 30th. During the longer days the week of August 6th, students will need to bring their own bagged lunch; however, dinner will be provided Monday through Thursday. If your child has any known food restrictions please communicate this as soon as possible or plan on sending food for dinner on those days. Please note that on Thursday, August 2nd students will leave campus at 12pm. Both lunch and dinner will be on their own that day and wind/percussion students will report at 6pm for our evening music rehearsal.
3. Summer Uniform Remember that our summer uniform which will be worn at football games through the month of August and some of September consists of khaki shorts and mostly white tennis shoes. Students will be given a 2018 show shirt to wear as well. You may purchase the khaki shorts at Tomlinson’s on Dorchester Road – if you tell them, you are with the Ashley Ridge Band they will know exactly what you need! Please note the first home game is Friday, August 17th the week before school starts!
4. MEDIA DAY & SENIOR PICTURES There was a meeting today with the athletic department and we are invited to participate in this year’s “media day” which will take place on
Saturday, August 4th. We will take a large group picture which will be hung in the hallway of the school as well as be featured in the football program. Our assigned picture time is 10am Saturday morning in the gym. The picture itself should last no more than an hour. Students will need to be picked up by 11am. Our goal is to have this picture taken in full uniform!
We have also been invited to take part in senior pictures as well. All seniors will have their picture made on Friday, August 3rd after rehearsal and an individual picture will be taken in full uniform. More info on this to come!
5. Wednesday, August 1st Sectional Schedule
Below is the schedule for sectionals on Wednesday, August 1st. The goal for this day is for each student to receive a two hour sectional from a professional specialist on their instrument and also be fitted for their uniform. Please plan to pick up students approximately an hour after their sectional time is scheduled to end so that enough time is left for them to be fitted.
8-10am - Trumpets, Mellophones
10am-12pm - Clarinets, Tubas
1-3pm - Saxophones
3-5pm - Baritones, Flutes
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask! Thank you so much for your support of the Ashley Ridge High School Bands! I am looking forward to starting a fantastic season!